A leather custom-made sofa is a wise investment both for home or office furniture. It may be more expensive than ordinary furniture but since leather is a durable material, it can last for years as it is five times more durable than ordinary furniture. It looks better with age and its beauty alone adds a touch of elegance to any room. Leather sofas are now available in chic and vibrant colors as well as shapes and designs fit for an urban and contemporary feel and modular living.
Leather sofas are easy to maintain and repair, especially if you have taken the steps to properly care your leather furniture. Knowing how to keep leather furniture can save you money on repairs and keep your furniture fresh.
Some useful tips on how to take care of leather furniture
- Pay attention to the design of the sofa cushions. Look for high-density foam and make sure you sit on it for a while.
- Scratches on sofas can be repaired with a standard leather repair kit. You can also try a cotton swab with a little alcohol and rub the area gently to see if you can remove the scratches. You must be careful before applying the solution to the leather sofa.
- Remove the fluff and fibers that come out by carefully cutting them with scissors. It is very important to clean the area, especially if you have children, as they may try to pull on the adhesive fibers and cause more damage to your sofa.
- Torn places will certainly show up with flaps. Select a patch from the set to place on the hole. Cut the patch to match the crack, then glue the torn pieces together and let them dry for an hour. Use finely structured sandpaper and smooth the area just stick it.
- Most skin repair kits have skin repair kits if you need to fill cracks and deep cuts or dents. Adjust your fingers and allow them to dry before scrubbing. Apply the scratch repair cream and let it dry overnight. Apply cleanser and skin protection to the repaired area. This process cleans, repairs, and seals scratched areas of your leather furniture. Low quality leather usually has a protective coating, so it is easy to care for.
- If you have a leather sofa, you should invest in a more expensive leather repair kit – one that is the same color as your leather sofa. Place the color of your choice on the tape of your sofa. Allow the color application to dry.
- Remember that colored skin will dry out over time, while clean hidden skin will be better and deeper in its richness and patina.
Ask your local furniture retailer what skin care products should be used on your furniture. Regular polishing of your leather sofa will prevent embrittlement, cracking of the leather, and prevent scratches and accidental leakage of liquids that would discolour your leather sofa. If your leather sofa is too damaged to repair, call a professional leather repairman. Protect your leather custom sofa from direct sunlight and heat vents, as heat will cause the skin to crack.