In a modern house, tiles form a large part of this interior decoration. From the kitchen to the floor to the bathroom walls, the extensive use of tiles can give your home a classy look within your budget. Ceramic tiles are perfect for wet rooms, bathrooms, living rooms, and kitchens. Ceramique au Sommet ceramic tiles offer an extensive range of titles to choose from SOLID P’s and La Tuilerie’s collections.
Unglazed Ceramic Tiles
These tiles tend to be denser and thicker in consistency than their glazed counterparts. Unglazed ceramic tiles provide great slip-resistant surfaces as a result of their unfinished exteriors. For rooms that are subjected to high moisture content like the kitchen and bathroom, these tiles are a perfect fit for them. Also, if you have aged parents or a baby in your house, unglazed tiles are a great way to ensure their safety.
Glazed Ceramic Tiles
These tiles undergo an extra step while manufacturing. The glazed tile’s surface gets covered with a colored glaze similar to glass. Glazed ceramic tiles come in a wide variety of designs and colors that use inkjet technology. They give the room a sleek, modern finish and are perfect for your bedroom or living room.
How is ceramic tile made?
- Ceramic tiles are manufactured with various clays like red, brown, or white clay. The first step involves blending the clay to make a fine powder.
- Next, it is mixed with water and the clay is pressed into a tile-like shape.
- The pressed tile body is then dried. The dried tile is ready for design. These are made into unglazed tiles.
- In the glazed tiles, there is a fourth process where the glaze is applied by a high-pressure spray.
How to choose Ceramic?
- Choosing the right ceramic involves choosing the right color combination in the first step.
- Then the format is chosen which can be 24*24 or 24*28 or 12*24 or 2*2.
- Then choose a grade that fits your budget and according to its application.
- The fourth step involves choosing the right grout.
- The last step is preparing the floor and wall of your dream house with Schluter products.
Ceramique au Sommet has the best selection of ceramic tiles at competitive prices while benefiting from advice and offering personalized service. It is the best ceramic store on the North coast of Montreal and Laval. This store offers exquisite products of La Tuilerie and Soligo under one roof.